Setting Daily Reiki/Energy Intentions
Creating a regular habit of giving yourself Reiki or energy healing can be a challenge on busy mornings. If your life is anything like mine, you may find yourself scrambling in the morning just to get out of the house on time. A morning ritual many of us tend to make time to partake in is the sacred experience of…..coffee. Or tea. Whatever floats your boat. You can actually charge up your favorite brew ahead of time with the following steps.
Find a day you have a few minutes of time to set aside to set your intentions and infused your favorite brew with Reiki. The wonderful thing about the Usui Reiki distance symbol is that it is not tied to one particular time, nor will it ‘expire’.
- A jar of tea or coffee with a lid. If you are like me and also use espresso pods, you can place the pods inside a mason jar.
- A few blank post-its or pieces of paper
- Crystals (I would use clear quartz but any crystal works that matches your intention)
- Herbs you are fond of (I enjoy cinnamon, anise, allspice, clove, ginger, or cardamom)
- Check the moon phase. I advise to start on a new moon and do this until the full moon.
- Be in a place you won’t be disturbed. Calming music is optional.
- Optional: Light a candle. Candles are wonderful focal points for directing energy. I personally tend to anoint my candles with oils that relate to the work I’m doing spiritually, but this again is optional.
- Count in deep breaths, breathing in for 5 seconds, then exhaling out for 5 seconds. Let each subsequent breath in and out last a bit longer. Breathing aligns and center you to your work.
- Invoke the higher power of your choice or call to the universal life force. Ask for their assistance in your current work.
- Draw the three Reiki II symbols (power, mental/emotional, and distance symbol) onto your third eye, heart, and hands. If you have received attunement, draw the Master Symbol over your third eye, heart, and hands.
- Now think of all that positivity that you would like to manifest in your life. Each future sip of coffee/tea is going to become part of the ritual of manifesting that reality.
- Take each blank slip of paper and write healthy desires as if they have already occurred; eg: I have a loving relationship with my child, My work is well-compensated, My body is healthy, I am a champion at __. Note: I say “healthy” desires. Asking for a specific person to fall in love with you is not a good idea, nor is asking for harm to befall anyone for you to receive what you are asking for. Fairness and justice are all fair game, but remember the saying: “what I send to thee comes back to me – times three.”
- Draw the Reiki symbols you are attuned to on remaining post-its. If you are Reiki Level 1 or not attuned to Reiki, skip this step.
- Place all the written symbols and intention post-its in the tea/coffee jar.
- Mix everything well. Mix in the crystals if you are including any.
- Now touch the jar with both palms and give Reiki for the next 10-15 minutes. If you are not attuned to Reiki, you can also close your eyes and envision what you have written manifesting. Focus on what you are envisioning and ‘send’ this vision into your coffee/tea jar.
- When you finished sending energy and setting your intention, say a thank you to whomever you have asked to support you in your energy work, or simply to the Universal Life Force.
- For the next 15 days – continue giving Reiki every day as you consume the coffee/tea in the jar, even if its just a quick drawing of the symbol(s) over the jar with a few seconds of energy transfer.
- On full moon night, keep this jar in the window. I like to put things outside during full and new moons, but sometimes the raccoon friends outside make it difficult to do so, so windows work too.
- Drink the tea/coffee 🙂
- **Remember, these are your intentions. I would suggest being the sole one to consume the coffee/tea you have charged unless each person consuming the coffee/tea was a part of setting the intention(s) and/or also wishes to apply the intentions to themselves.